online seo specialist roanna capes
Learn what your website needs
to rank in search engines
60 minute online SEO session for £60 with Roanna Capes.
If your website isn’t ranking on the first page of results on search engines, potential customers are unlikely to find you. There could be any number of issues that is stopping your site from ranking effectively, and my job is to identify these issues ready to discuss in your 60 minute session.
My 60 minute SEO consultations are formed around a pre-prepared audit of your SEO and website. In your session we will discuss the issues that are stopping your site from ranking and I can give advice on how to rectify these issues. It also gives you the opportunity to ask any questions, explore key points, and develop confidence in your website and how to improve your SEO on an ongoing basis.
Although I cannot teach you SEO in a single phone call, we can cover a lot of information and advice in this timeframe, ensuring you are armed with the knowledge you need to understand the requirements for ranking. I will identify any issues affecting your keyword rankings and give you actionable next steps to rectify them.
During your SEO consultation, I will provide insights and advice which could include:
- Results from the audit
- Any issues blocking your site from ranking effectively and how to rectify it
- Specific ways you can improve your on-page SEO
- Specific ways you can improve your off-page SEO
- Specific ways you can improve your technical SEO
- Recommended next steps, tools, and resources to help you
Questions I will ask before your SEO consultation:
- What is the age of your domain?
- Has there been any SEO work carried out previously
- What keywords or phrases are you targeting (You may need help with this)
- Do you rank in search engines already? (You may need help with this)
- What geographical areas are you looking to target (If applicable)
What is an SEO specialist?
A Search Engine Optimisation (or SEO) Specialist audits, analyses and changes a website so it is optimised for search engines, such as Google, Bing or Yahoo! The changes made should allow the website to rank higher in search results, therefore increasing website traffic, visits and subsequently increasing enquiries and sales.
An SEO specialist optimises the site to ensure the search results are relevant to the business and to the target audience. This helps to create a positive user experience and increase brand awareness. Ultimately, SEO is a form of digital marketing, aiming to create more sales for the company they are working for.
As an SEO specialist, I always begin by conducting keyword research and leveraging various SEO tools that anyone can use, for example Google Search Console and Google Analytics. These tools can help increase your website visibility, particularly on Google which provides a major benefit for any business looking to increase sales.
What are the responsibilities of an SEO specialist?
The role and responsibilities of an SEO specialist are dependant on the business requirements and needs. Generally, responsibilities include:
- Conduct keyword research by collecting and analysing data and results, identifying trends and insights
- Developing optimisation strategies that increase search engine rankings
- Ensure SEO best practices are properly followed throughout website content
- Work with the business to drive SEO optimisation in content creation and content marketing
- Take responsibility for on-page optimisation for search engine marketing
- Perform keyword research, discovery and optimisation for new SEO keywords to use throughout the company website and marketing materials on an ongoing basis
- Research and implement search engine optimisation recommendations
- Create and execute link building strategies
- Analyse and change website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords
- Monitor daily performance metrics with SEO tools such as Google analytics to understand SEO strategy performance and make changes where needed
- Collaborate with others within the marketing department to manage SEO strategy
- Write compelling and high-quality website content, including blog posts and page descriptions to improve website search results
The knowledge and background of a successful SEO Specialist
It is not unusual for an SEO specialist to begin their career in a different technical field or background. There is currently no direct university degree specifically for SEO, and it is often a field that an individual will learn over time with hands on experience, courses and up skilling through a relevant career choice.
There are skills and knowledge that a successful SEO specialist must be compliant in:
Technical SEO refers to the technical elements of your website. This includes strategies to improve the backend structure of a website. Technical SEO can include performing website analysis and audits to identify opportunities to improve elements like website speed, indexing, mobile friendliness and website architecture. Technical SEO will also improve the readability of a website, which improves user experience and shows search engines that the website is a good one. With the introduction of Google core web vitals as a ranking factor, technical SEO has never been more important to get right, but it often requires more technical knowledge that on or off page SEO.
On-page SEO relates to any content on your website and ensuring all content is SEO optimised for search engines like Google, Bing or Yahoo! Optimising your site helps search engines understand the topic of your content, what services you provide and will target keywords based on your content. On-page SEO also includes using elements like keywords, meta tags, internal links and HTML title tags in ways that will help increase your rankings for search engine traffic.
Off-page SEO is about optimising to increase the value between your website and other websites through a variety of link building tactics. Off-page optimisation also includes strategies to build the reputation of a website to show search engines that a website is a trusted source and therefore should be positioned near the top of search engine rankings. This can also help your domain authority.
An SEO specialist also requires knowledge of online marketing, social media and possess excellent communication skills to work effectively with their clients.
Is your website ranking locally?
When you make your products and services available to customers in your local area, the number one thing that you need as a business owner is to be visible to these customers.
If people can’t find your business when they’re searching for help, they won’t be able to purchase your products or services.
Download my free guide to learn how you can improve your local seo and help your business stand out from the crowd.
improve your presence online
Why trust Glade SEO & Design?
DO YOU WANT TO SHOW UP ON THE FRONT PAGE OF GOOGLE?
Our professional SEO services help websites gain more organic traffic, even if they are very highly targeted keywords. Our areas of service don’t only include Berkshire, we work with companies throughout the UK.